Focus Search and Selection are proud to support UK Black History Month. Starting on October 1st, UK Black History Month recognises and celebrates the amazing achievements of Black people in the UK and globally; past and present.
Be it their contributions to the Arts, Sciences, Politics, Sports, Culture, Religion, Music.. the list goes on.
In the UK, we celebrate excellence, successes and achievements of Black people in all walks of life. Some you know well:
- Dame Doreen Lawrence – Campaigner for equal rights
- Dame Sharon White – Chairperson of the John Lewis Partnership
- Sir Lewis Hamilton – The first driver ever to claim 100 F1 victories and 7 time F1 Champion
- Sir Steve McQueen KBE – Oscar winning film director (12 Years a Slave)
- Edward Enninful OBE – Editor-in-Chief, British Vogue
And some you may not have heard of:
- Rose Hudson-Wilkin – The first female British Black Bishop (Dover)
- Dame Donna Kinnair – CEO and General Secretary, Royal College of Nursing
- Malorie Blackman – Best selling author of fiction for children and teenagers. who became the first black Children’s Laureate.
- Clive Sullivan – A Rugby League player, he was the first black captain of the Great Britain Lions and for any national British sporting side.
- Jacqueline McKenzie – is a British human rights lawyer specialising in migration, asylum and refugee law
The talent above just scratches the surface. The contributions of Black people are extraordinary, fascinating, enlightening, life-affirming and truly humbling. As a company committed to promoting, encouraging, showcasing and celebrating Diversity and Inclusion, Focus Search and Selection naturally supports Black History Month. We encourage you to join us and find out more.