What is the purpose of this document?
Focus Search and Selection Limited (“us”, “we”, “our”) is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
This notice is intended to make you aware of how and why your personal data will be used: namely for the purpose of finding you employment, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We may update this privacy notice from time to time.
Who are we?
Our company registration number is 04897773 and our registered office is: Elm Farm Barn, Elm Farm Thurlby, Peterborough, Lincs, PE10 0EL.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with finding you a suitable role and processing your application for work, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• Your name, gender, date of birth, address (post and email) and contact details.
• Employment history, qualifications, education details.
• Information contained in your curriculum vitae (“CV”).
• Any information you provide to us during discussions about potential vacancies including job preferences such as geographical area.
We may also collect, store and use the following types of more sensitive personal information known as special categories of personal data:
• Passport, driving licence, visa and other right to work or identity information.
• Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
• You, the candidate.
• Online jobsites / job boards which are publicly available or which we subscribe to.
• Publicly accessible source including business websites where you may have a profile, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media profiles.
• Other candidates.
If we obtain your personal data from a third party, we will advise you of the source of this introduction when we first make contact with you.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the roles we are instructed on.
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process and potential vacancies.
• Submit your application to prospective employers to be considered for their vacancy.
• Keep records related to our recruitment processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We may process your personal data for the above purposes on the basis you have consented to us doing so. We will process and store your data manually and in electronic form. We will not submit your application for any vacancy without your confirmation to proceed, which can be provided verbally or in writing. It is not within our control whether or not an employer decides to progress your application.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing your personal data at any time by notifying us in writing or verbally.
However, in some cases we will retain or process your information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so or in order to comply with a legal obligation. We are legally required to process information and data to establish your right to work. In such case our processing will be limited to the minimum extent required to comply with such interest or obligation.
Who will we share your data with?
We will only share your personal data where we are entitled to do so. Unless we have a regulatory or legal obligation to do so, we will only share your data with your consent.
We may share your CV and connected information with prospective employers. These employers are usually located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where employers are located outside the EEA your personal data will not be transferred to them unless that country ensures it has appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data.
We may also share your data with our IT support, storage service providers, including remote cloud services and our legal and professional advisers and insurers.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider or take your application forward (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to progress your application.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
If you provide us with particularly sensitive personal information, falling within “special categories of personal data”, we may use this information in the following way:
• We will use information about your disability status to advise an employer if they provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We prohibit third-party service providers from using your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 6 years after our last communication with you about a potential vacancy. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way and in the event we are instructed on a vacancy that we consider you may be suitable we can inform you of this opportunity. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us in writing.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email email@example.com stating ‘unsubsrcibe’ in the subject title. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your data and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
Data protection manager
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data privacy manager. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer by us which enables us to recognise your computer when you access the Focus Search + Selection Ltd web site and also provides you with an expedient means of access. Cookies also protect the reliability of recorded user names and passwords and limit access to services.